The community of Sunalta is an old inner-city community located in the southwest quadrant of Calgary. Sunalta neighbors the communities of Sunnyside and Beltline.
Although unverified, it got its name from the words “sunny” and “Alberta”. In the 1950s, it was rezoned allowing for the construction of multi-family dwellings and rental apartments. It is a mixed-use community with commercial, light industrial and residential buildings. There is an active community association invested in the preservation of buildings, the urban forest, and in community safety.
Sunalta Quick Facts
Population of Sunalta: 3,215
Median Household Income: $63,982+
Condominiums make up 84% of all dwellings in this community
Browse All Sunalta Condominium Listings for Sale
- Sunalta School – K – Gr 6 – 536 Sonora Avenue SW Calgary AB T3C 2J9
- Mount Royal School – Gr 7 – 9 – 2234 14 Street SW Calgary AB T2T 3T3
- Western Canada High School – 641 17 Avenue SW Calgary AB T2S 0B5
- Sacred Heart School – K – Gr 6 – 1312 15 Street SW Calgary AB T3C 1G2
- St Monica School – K – Gr 9 – 235 18 Avenue SW Calgary AB T2S 0C2
- St Mary’s High School – 111 18 Avenue SW Calgary AB T2S 0B8
Sunalta Community Association
Address: 1627, 10 Avenue SW Calgary, AB T3C 0T8