Developed by Tirion Properties the Hamptons community can be found in the Northwest of Calgary, directly north of Edgemont. You'll find Stoney Trail to the north, Sarcee Trail to the west, country hills blvd to the south, and finally Shaganappi Trail to the East. The community of the Hamptons was first developed back in 1990, with the southern portion of this community first being annexed to the city of Calgary in 1976. On the north side of this community, which is north of the Edgemont community, was annexed much later which occurred back in 1989 - This saw much of the development beginning in the early 2000's while for the most part, houses in this area weren't built primarily up until after the year 2005.
Homes in this community saw development by developers including Goldmark, Westglen, Calbridge, Janssen, Beattie,Chancellor and Sundance.
Homes for sale in the Hamptons are built to surround the world-renowned Hamptons Golf course, an 18 hole course that is one of the best in the province. A quick drive through this community will reflect the pride of ownership and community upkeep, you'll find beautiful ravines, sparkling ponds, and tons of other outdoor amenities which we will outline in detail below!
The community offers a wealth of real estate options to accommodate all of your needs and desires, with construction seen mainly through the early and mid-2000's, you'll see a lot of modern real estate throughout. In this community you'll see a variety of traditional homes blended with modern designs, often on larger 2 storey single-family properties.
For golf lovers, the chateaux one is a fantastic choice as it directly backs onto the #1 hole on the golf course.
Hamptons Community FAQs
What's the population in the Hamptons?
As of the 2016 civic census, the population was 7,810 in this community.
Is there a local community association?
Yes there is! In this community, residents are served by the local Hamptons Community Association, one of the better and more active community associations in the city.
What is the Median household Income?
In the Hamptons according to the 2016 census, the median income was just over $146,000
What is the average lot size for Hamptons Homes in Calgary?
As previously mentioned in this community page, the Hamptons community offers quite large lot sizes, typically you'll find lots that are on average between 550 to 625 sq meters in size.
What percentage of homes in this community are detached?
The Hamptons has a total of 2,105 single detached homes, these make up 85% of the dwelling structures in the community, with row homes / townhouses making up the remaining 15%
On average, what would my commuting time into the downtown core of Calgary?
From this community you'll typically find drive times of 20 to 40 minutes in your usual rush hour conditions, roughly 21 kms, and many drivers will utilize major road ways including Deerfoot Trail and Crowchild to navigate into the downtown core.
What is the average house price in the Hamptons Community?
The Hamptons community offers a great selection of large and luxurious homes, with larger lot sizes to match, on average, you'll find that homes in this community will command prices between $800,000 and $900,000.
Amenities found around and within Hamptons
Residents in the community of the Hamptons aren't just forced to take up Golf as a hobby, in fact this community is rich with other amenities! You'll find plenty of options for outdoor activities, these include use of a hockey rink that is of Olympic size, plenty of tennis courts, open fields, soccer pitches, baseball or softball diamonds, and plenty of unique playgrounds.
Many of these great facilities and amenities are maintained by the HOA fee in this community, $200 yearly ensures that residents are going to be able to enjoy facilities year round with ongoing maintenance, this also means residents will see plenty of other great features within the communities appearance, including beautiful flower beds that are planted yearly, increased landscaping and maintenance, as well as a very active and engaging Hamptons Home Owners association which sees plenty of events put on throughout the year, including a very well put on Stampede Breakfast!
Hamptons Real Estate Information, Statistics, and Sold data.