Essential tips for home buyers
We'll dig a little further into these tips and provide our readers a bit more information on these five essentials for Calgary home buyers.
1. Before you start shopping for homes and potentially getting attached, we always advise our buyers to obtain a pre-approval from their mortgage adviser, this prevents heart break if you find your dream home but are unable to afford it. So you're ready to buy your dream home, you have an area picked out, an agent lined up (hopefully from the Real Estate Partners!) and a few homes you've fallen in love with, but you haven't sat down with a mortgage representative! We hear about this quite frequently in the industry, typically before we start shopping with our clients (and inevitably find homes that you'll fall in love with) we recommend you make an appointment with one of our trusted partners and obtain a pre-approval, this will ensure there are no surprises or let downs if you happen to find a home that isn't within your budget/range. Our mortgage partners will go the extra mile to get you the best rates, conditions and terms to ensure that you're not only getting a great home through us, but you're doing so in the most cost effective way, long term. Our mortgage partners are experienced with first time Calgary home buyers, investors, luxury properties, and much more, we have partners with every major bank, as well as individual brokers. If you're looking to buy a home in Calgary or surrounding areas, we highly recommend you connect with us and get started by going through a quick pre-approval process. You can also utilize our Mortgage Calculator tool to understand your total mortgage payout landscape.
2. Get your home inspected! A professional home inspector will ensure that your investment is safe, in good condition, and save you from any potential headaches. - Home inspectors are one of the most vital choices for home buyers, we provide a list of qualified, trusted, and respected home inspectors who we work with. Our Calgary home inspectors provide a thorough and detailed report for all inspections, this begins with an aerial drone recording of the roof and gutters, which can be supplied to the client, followed by a physical inspection (depending on roof style and safety), they utilize moisture detectors, as well as state of the art infrared imaging to look for heat loss, water leaks, and more.
3. Do your research! Not all agents are created equal, you deserve the best, especially in what is likely the biggest investment of your life! Ask about experience, market knowledge, negotiation tactics, and what separates them from the rest of the pack. It's important you ask the right questions and find an agent that is best suited to exceed your needs, this entails an agent who's not only utilizing the most up to date technology, has local neighborhood knowledge and experience, and offers exclusive and VIP services to their buyers, ensuring you find the home of your dreams, get the best deal, and have an agent that is 100% focused on your needs as a buyer.
4. Create a wish list! We recommend our clients start off with the neighbourhood and amenities that are most important to them, once decided, consider the style of home you desire, bedrooms, bathrooms, finishes and more! Consult with your REP agent to find out other factors that can help build your list. - Lucky for you, we have you covered! Our website allows you to browse homes with a variety of search parameters that allow you to find Calgary homes with ease, our site also features local neighborhood information, including statistics, and write ups that provide users a better understanding of the area they're considering.
We also have a comprehensive list of quick searches setup for clients to get you started quickly and efficiently!
Quick search options for home buyers
5. Once you've found your dream home, made an offer, and the home is set to be yours, it's vital that you have the best legal representation, a lawyer looking over your real estate transaction will ensure that funds are properly dispersed, and that all your needs are taken care of, from conditions being met to ensuring the real property report doesn't contain any surprises, setbacks, and that you can take the keys to your home without issue. Much like mortgage brokers and home inspectors, Calgary home buyers are faced with tough decisions if they're not assisted by someone with experience in the industry, we've thoroughly vetted our partners to ensure they carry the same values we do. Our legal partners are experienced, honest, and will work tirelessly to ensure our clients needs are taken care of above and beyond! If you've come across this blog and are looking for information on partners, please feel free to reach out, you don't have to do business with us to know who we trust and refer. Often our clients choose to use Summit legal group, headed by Sean Green and Michelle Graham, their team delivers hassle and stress free real estate legal services.
Master Negotiators - Our agents are constantly trained by some of the top coaching programs in the world, providing them the expertise to negotiate and get you the best deal with the best terms possible.
Whether you're single, engaged, or married with four kids, we have the skills to help you find your dream home. Our team has local market knowledge to help you find the best location suited to your needs. We will thoroughly guide you through the entire process from start to finish including advice on how to make your offer the most likely to be accepted.
Posted by Calgary Homes Real Estate Partners Team on