The community of Shawnessy is a large community located in the southwest quadrant of Calgary. Shawnessy neighbors the communities of Millrise and Midnapore.
The community is named after Calgary pioneer Samuel Shaw, he and his family lived near Fish Creek and ran a woolen mill, which was the first recorded industry in Alberta. The names live on in this robust, family community which was founded in the early 1980s.
Shawnessy Quick Facts
Population of Shawnessy: 9,485
Median Household Income: $106,428+
Condominiums make up 9% of all dwellings in this community
Browse All Shawnessy Condominium Listings for Sale
- Janet Johnstone School – K – Gr 4 – 224 Shawnessy Drive SW Calgary AB T2Y 1M1
- Samuel W Shaw School – Gr 5 – 9 – 115 Shannon Drive SW Calgary AB T2Y 0K6
- Centennial High School – 55 Sun Valley Blvd SE Calgary AB T2X 3W7
- Our Lady of Peace School – K – Gr 9 – 14826 Millrise Hill SW Calgary AB T2Y 2B4
- Bishop O’Byrne High School – 500, 333 Shawville Blvd SW Calgary AB T2Y 4H3
Shawnessy Community Association
Address: P.O. Box 76115, Millrise RPO Calgary, AB T2Y 2Z9