The community of Southwood is a safe, stable family-oriented community located in the southwest quadrant of Calgary. Southwood neighbors the communities of Haysboro and Braeside.
The community’s construction began in 1959, with duplexes and other multi-family dwellings. There are over 7,000 residents in this community and it has yet to be subject to a redevelopment plan, other than strip mall renovations and the arrival of the LRT line.
Southwood Quick Facts
Population of Southwood: 6,225
Median Household Income: $80,443+
Condominiums make up 19% of all dwellings in this community
Browse All Southwood Condominium Listings for Sale
- Ethel M Johnson School – K – Gr 6 – 255 Sackville Drive SW Calgary AB T2W 0W7
- Harold Panabaker School – Gr 5 – 9 – 23 Sackville Drive SW Calgary AB T2W 0W3
- Dr. E.P. Scarlett High School – 220 Canterbury Drive SW Calgary AB T2W 1H4
- St. Stephen School – K – Gr 9 – 10910 Elbow Drive SW Calgary AB, T2W 1G5
- Bishop Grandin High School – 111 Haddon Rd SW Calgary AB T2V 2Y2
- Bishop Carroll High School – 4624 Richard Road SW Calgary AB T3E 6L1
Southwood Community Association
Address: 11 Sackville Drive S.W., Calgary, Alberta, T2W 0W3